Last Updated: May 1, 2022
Data Controller and Scope
The controller according to the General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter: GDPR) and other national data protection acts of the Member States, as well as other data protection regulations, is:
16192 Coastal Highway
Lewes, DE 19958
Principles of Processing Personal Data
Personal data are all information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. This includes information such as your name, age, address, telephone number, date of birth, e-mail address, IP address or user behavior. Information that cannot (or only with a disproportionate effort) be referred to your person, e.g. by anonymizing the information, is not personal data. The processing of personal data (e.g. the collection, retrieval, use, storage or transmission) always requires a legal basis or your consent.
Processed personal data will be deleted as soon as the purpose of the processing has been fulfilled and no legally prescribed retention obligations are to be observed.
In case we process your personal data for the provision of certain offers, please find below information about the specific processes, the scope and purpose of data processing, the legal basis for processing and the respective storage period.
Scope and Purpose of the Processing
When you access and use our website, we only collect the personal data that your browser automatically transmits to our server. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following personal data is recorded to the extent necessary for the provision of a functional website and our contents and services:
IP address of the requesting computer
Date and time of access
Name and URL of the retrieved file
The website from which access is made (referrer URL)
The used browser and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your access provider
The sub web sites, which are accessed via an accessing system on our websiteThe Internet service provider of the accessing system
Other similar data and information which serve to avert danger in the event of attacks on our IT systems
Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR serves as the legal basis for the data processing. The processing of the mentioned data is necessary for the provision of our services and thus serves the protection of a legitimate interest of our company.
The data subject’s personal data are deleted or blocked as soon as the purpose of the storage is fulfilled. The collection of data for the provision of the website and the storage of data in log files is absolutely necessary for the operation of the website. Consequently, there is no possibility of objection for the user. Further storage may take place in individual cases if this is required by law.
Registration / Customer Account
Scope and Purpose of the Processing
You have the possibility to register on our website by entering your personal data. The processed data is used to create a customized user account that enables you to use certain contents and services our website.
We make use of your e-mail address so that we can send you new access data in case you should forget these.
We process the following personal data for the registration/customer account setup:
The processing of the personal data is based on article 6 (1) lit. a GDPR on the declaration of consent that you have voluntarily given in the registration process.
As soon as the registration on our website is cancelled or modified, the data processed during the registration process will be deleted. Further storage can be carried out in individual cases if this is required by law.
You have the possibility to cancel the registration and to change your personal data any time by proceeding as follows: Please use the contact form to send us the data you used to register on our website (name and e-mail address) so that we can clearly identify your access authorization.
Your Rights as a Data Subject
If your personal data are processed, you are a data subject within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the following rights apply to you:
Pursuant to Art. 15 GDPR you can request information about your personal data processed by us.
In particular, you may obtain information about the purposes of processing, the categories of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data have been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to correction, deletion, restriction of processing or objection, the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, the origin of your data, if not collected from us, about transfer to third countries or international organisations, and the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling and, where applicable, meaningful information about the logic involved.
Pursuant to Art. 16 GDPR you can immediately demand the correction of incorrect data or the completion of your personal data stored with us.
Pursuant to Art. 17 GDPR, you may request the deletion of your personal data stored by us, provided that the processing is not necessary to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
Pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR, you can request the restriction of the processing of your personal data if you contest the accuracy of the data, if the processing is unlawful, if we no longer need the data and if you refuse their deletion because you need to establish, exercise or defend legal claims. You are also entitled to the right under Art. 18 GDPR if you have objected to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR.
Pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR, you may request that the personal data you have provided us with be received in a structured, current and machine-readable format or you may request that it be transmitted to another person responsible.
Pursuant to Art. 7 para. 3 GDPR you can withdraw your consent at any time. As a consequence, we are no longer allowed to continue the data processing based on this consent for the future.
Pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR, you have the right to complain to a supervisory authority. You can contact the supervisory authority of your habitual residence, place of work or our company headquarters.
2. How We Use Personal Information. Personal Information is used to:
a. provide and improve the Site, services, features and content;
b. to administer a User's membership and use of the Site;
c. to enable Users to enjoy and easily navigate the Site;
d. to better understand User needs and interests;
e. to fulfill requests a User may make;
f. to personalize the User experience;
g. to provide or offer software updates and product announcements; and
h. to provide Users with further information and offers from LootBear that LootBear believes Users may find useful or interesting, including newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information on services and products offered by LootBear or third parties that are authorized by LootBear.
3. Personal Information is gathered to monitor and analyze use of LootBear and its services, for technical administration, to increase the Site’s functionality and user-friendliness, to better tailor it to User needs, to generate and derive useful data and information concerning the interests, characteristics and website use behavior of Users, and to verify that the proper information is submitted to fulfill and process User requests. If a User decides at any time that they no longer wish to receive LootBear emails or communications, they should click on the unsubscribe link provided in LootBear’s marketing emails or email [email protected] with subject line "unsubscribe."
4. Merchants, Service Providers, Business Partners and Others. LootBear may work with third-party providers to enable Users to purchase or rent items. We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate the LootBear Site and service, to provide service on LootBear’s behalf, to perform website-related services (including but not limited to maintenance services, database management, web analytics and improvement of LootBear’s features), or to assist LootBear’s in analyzing how the Site and service are used and can be improved. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only for purposes of performing these tasks on our behalf.
5. Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement. LootBear must cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. In the event of a claim and/or legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of LootBear.com or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop any activity LootBear may consider to pose a risk of being illegal, unethical, inappropriate or legally actionable, LootBear reserves the right to disclose any Personal Information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as LootBear in its sole discretion finds necessary or appropriate.
6. Business Transfers. In the event of a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, LootBear may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets, and our Users' Personal Information may be transferred as part of that transaction.
7. Changing or Deleting Your Information. A request to delete a User's account is different from a request to unsubscribe from emails and communications. Users may opt to unsubscribe from our email alerts, which will terminate the issuance of automatically generated emails that inform Users about new features of the Site or to market LootBear's services. To delete a User account entirely from LootBear.com, the User must email [email protected] with the subject line "delete account."
8. Security. LootBear takes the security of Personal Information seriously. LootBear appreciates our Users' use of the Site and will employ reasonable measures designed to protect Personal Information from unauthorized access and unsolicited contact from third-party groups. To that end, all sensitive Personal Information is transmitted through secure networks. Credit card numbers are not stored or held on our servers.